Welcome to Bondgate House
Bed and breakfast in the heart of Alnwick, Northumberland and a stone’s throw away from the Alnwick Garden and Alnwick Castle.
The only AA 4 star gold award guest house in Alnwick town, Bondgate House is a home with character and history, superbly located for Alnwick Castle, Alnwick Garden and the town centre. A Grade II listed Georgian town house, it was a doctor’s house for much of the 20th century and was the childhood home of Hugh Trevor-Roper (Lord Dacre).
Bookings for bed and breakfast can be made directly from our website, or by phone (01665 602025) or by email. We do not take bookings from travel agents, travel websites or on-line booking agents
Bondgate House B&B offers:
- Private residents only car park, with space for up to 8 cars
- Five individual en suite bedrooms.
- Free wi-fi throughout the house
- Award-winning breakfasts, with the emphasis on quality, local sourcing, taste and simplicity. We are happy to cater for special diets, with advance notice.
- Comfortable and well-stocked guest lounge/library
- Delightful south facing walled garden which is a suntrap in the summer months
Bondgate House is a great place to stay for bed and breakfast for a longer or shorter break exploring the heritage Northumberland coast and castle, venturing inland to the peace and beauty of the Cheviot Hills and valleys, and close to National Trust Cragside and Wallington. Find out about the many place to visit on our ‘Out and About’ page.
As we have no family rooms, we are only able to take children over 14 years of age.
Smoking is not allowed in any part of the house.